Buying online or offline is often a big question. Every day you’ll see a news story about how badly the warehouse pickers at outlets are treated and how low their pay is, in addition to all the packaging being added to landfills due to online shopping. At the same time, there are issues with shopping locally too such as having to drive to more than one store and still not finding what you want. Let’s look at why online shopping is still far better than the shopping locally.
- You Can Find What You Want Faster – There is no question that online shopping is quicker for most people than shopping in person. If you need to get your item but you don’t know where to buy it locally, ordering it online is probably the best choice for you.
- You Can Get Things You Can’t Get Locally – There are many times you can’t get what you want and need locally. This is very true if you don’t live in a big city. For example, if you love Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute but you don’t have a Trader Joe’s store in your area or even your state. Ordering that item from a place like Amazon may be your best option.
- It’s Easier to Compare Prices – Comparing prices online is a lot easier than comparing them offline. It’s hard to remember when you’re in one store how much it was at the other store. However, when you are looking at products online, that’s easy.
- You Don’t Have to Wait in Line – When shopping online there are no lines. Usually checking out is super simple especially if they take PayPal payments. Sometimes time is more important than anything when trying to be sustainable.
- It’s Easier to Send Gifts Via Online Shopping – When you need to mail a gift you’ll need to factor in packaging materials and shipping costs. Ordering online and having it drop shipped will make it easier for you, and it will not use more materials that fill the landfill as when you do it yourself.
- You Can Save Money – Sometimes when you buy online, you will save money due to being able to check prices and compare them. Many times, you can get free shipping too. Many online stores also offer discounts when you shop online.
When buying online, make each choice on an individual basis. Sometimes buying online will be the best choice regarding sustainable shopping and due to the total price that you pay.
Usgeneralmerchant.com offers discounted walmart clearance items under $50, when you shop online